Re: [NTLK] eMate disassembly - do I *have* to de-solder?/my emate just came

From: Woody Smith (woody_at_bitstream.net)
Date: Wed May 26 2004 - 14:31:39 PDT

Victor and Dan

Personally I think that it is easier to de-solder the leads, especially
when reassembling due to the need to realign the the contrast and
volume sliders. But If you open the display first you can disconnect
the backlight lead and feed it through the case. Very carefully ease
the two ribbon connectors from the plastic restraint on the bottom of
the keyboard. You can then tilt the mother board enough to unscrew the
speaker and release the ribbons from the motherboard.

Woody