[NTLK] Need Hardware: Angled RJ45 plugs? Wingnuts w/ Whitworth-threads?

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Thu May 27 2004 - 03:56:13 PDT

Hello fellow Newtonians,

I need some help from the hardware-savy folks.

   I got this network card with Cruce Giacomo-connector, right? This
connector makes the cable stand up into the air like an antenna (90° to the
card slot), looping spectacularly and putting strain on the connector --
well, it's kinda awkward. If I'd use a cable with a 90° angled RJ45 plug,
the experience would be much nicer.

Q1: Where can I find angled RJ 45 plugs or cables with such a plug on one end?

##################

   Then I have another hardware-project, which is WOT. Well, maybe not, as
it has to do with kayaking and that's where my Newt will come along
("'Kasko has a little Newt, his screen doth greenly glow, everywhere ole
'Kasko goes, his Newt is sure to go", etc.), so pls. bear with me.

I need nickel-coated brass wingnuts (==> saltwater-resistant!) in a shape
called ISO/DIN 315 (looks like Zippy the Pinhead with Mickey Mouse's ears -
a rounded cone with round wings, unlike the so-called "American" shape with
the oblongish wings, which have sharp edges) with 3/16'' and 1/4''
Whitworth (Ww) threads (treads?).
I'm also looking for 3/16'' and 1/4'' ring nuts (aka lifting-eye nuts) in a
shape called ISO/DIN 582 (or similar) and again made of nickel-coated brass.
-- I need ten each of these, but would be willing to buy more if I can get
a sample each that works for me. These spare parts are needed for keeping
my beloved vintage 1960s folding boat in service. This is *very* important
for me. Can't get hold of these here in continental Europe, so any help
much appreciated.

Note: That thread is Whitworth (Ww) aka BSW, a British Standardized thread
(so probably the UK chapter be most able to help out), not the US-American
thread UNC.

Q2: Could anybody pls. tell me where to find these wingnuts (and maybe help
in obtaining them)? Pls. contact offlist.

Thanks a lot for your help,

'Kasko