Re: [NTLK] eMate disassembly - do I *have* to de-solder?/my emate just came

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Thu May 27 2004 - 07:36:20 PDT

From: Victor Rehorst wrote:
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 09:46:13 -0400

>I went to Home De(s)pot last night and picked up a really nice set of
>Fuller
>micro-screwdrivers: T6, T7, T8, T9, T10, T15,, T20, Phillips 0 & 1, and
>some
>slots, with a handle that they attach too. Cost me $13 CAD, but
>considering
>I've been chewing up dollar store micro-screwdrivers for some time, it was
>time I got a good set.

Victor,

RadioShack (is there one near by you?) has a nice set for $14.99 USD
- I picked it up after I started disassembling my MP2000 (it has a Phillips
00 for those two screws in the battery comparment in the MP2000) It has all
the required bits needed with a nice case to hold them in - it's small and
compact - it's the 'New' Kronus line for them and the handle is quite nice -
rubberized with a swivel top.

http://www.radioshack.com/searchsku.asp?find=64-2973

If anyone is interested:

PRODUCT FEATURES:
? Alloy steel tips provide durability and rust resistance
? Ergonomic anti-static handle rotates for greater torque
? Fully demagnetized to protect your electronic devices
? Secure metal bit holder prevents slippage?keeps fastener aligned
? Convenient carrying case
? Limited lifetime warranty (see below)

Includes 20 driver bits:
? Slotted bits: 2.0mm, 2.5mm, 3.0mm and 4.0mm
? Phillips? bits: #00 and #0
? Torx bits: T-6, T-7, T-8, T-9 and T-10
? Hex bits: 1.5mm, 2.0mm and 2.5mm
? POZI bits: #00 and #0
? Hex Round-Ball bits: 1.5mm, 2.0mm and 2.5mm

God bless,

Sonny Hung
the Hung Family