[NTLK] Newton ID #

From: Dan Fackler (eulenspgl_at_sbcglobal.net)
Date: Thu May 27 2004 - 10:03:46 PDT

I can't get my 2100 to regurge its ID number. I'd been planning to buy
Paul's full-version ATA driver, but when I tap the Register button, friend
Newton tells me that there is a problem. I've tried everything(reinstall
ATA demo, innumerable resets, etc.) but the dreaded brainwipe. I've
installed the NewtID package, but that doesn't help.

Paul says that he's seen this once before and is working on it. Does anyone
have any wisdom that will help me/him/us get this straightened out?

Dan