[NTLK] eMate #2 from Rochester Computer

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Thu May 27 2004 - 11:17:25 PDT

Well, the UPS man didn't deliver them together as I hoped, but today (about 20
minutes ago, actually) my second eMate from Rochester Computer Recycling.

This one is in the same condition as the first one: virtually pristine. I
expected a lot of eMates from a school to have lots of scuffs, broken plastic,
etc, but other than one light scuff on the bottom and some blue crayon on the
top, the case is awesome.

It has a NewerTech memory upgrade installed. Guess I won the lottery :)

There are some marks on the screen that my microfibre cloth won't take off,
and it looks like there's three light scratches in the middle of the screen,
about 7.5mm long each - but they don't affect usability that much. There's no
screen protector on it, obviously.

This one also came with an AC adaptor (the first one I got didn't). I haven't
tried it yet but it looks good.

As for software, this one wasn't in classroom mode but the software is
bone-stock. There's some old documents lurking in Works. Looks like the date
had never been set properly on it but there was a report in there that was
dated December 2001... so I guess they have been used recently-ish.

On the bottom there was some sticky glue where a sticker was, and a number
written in permanent marker. Considering my 2100 has a white "62" on the back
cover, that doesn't bug me too much.