Re: [NTLK] [OT] Recomendations for cleaning outer case of Mac ColorClassic

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Thu May 27 2004 - 13:25:11 PDT

>> Is there anything that helps to get the yellowish from older plastics ?
>
>You mean to restore it to its' original color? You're probably out of
>luck; that's a most likely change in the plastic itself as it ages and
>is exposed to light, not a discoloration at the surface that can easily
>be removed.

Actually that is often a sign that it was in the house of a smoker. There
are plastic restorers around, I have never used them personally but you
might want to give it a shot. One place that I can remember seeing such a
plastic cleaner/restorer is on www.cyberguys.com.

You want to be carefull on what you use as somethings will take it off but
might melt or destory the plastic in the process. In short whatever you use
make sure it is rated for plastics or you know someone that has done it with
a certain method awhile ago. The reason why I say "awhile ago" is becuase a
reaction can occur that will make the plastic britle or discolor it more so
in time and might not be apparent right away.

-Dan