[NTLK] emates, etiquette, etc

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Thu May 27 2004 - 18:41:40 PDT

Hi all,
Today I decided to order another emate from Rochester Computer
Recycling and I called to make sure that units were in stock. When I called
asked for Erik and I said that I had ordered a emate from them last week and
it arrived yesterday. And before I could say anything else he asked if it
had the upgrade. I told him no and that I was not complaining. It is a
nice unit, and worked great. He was relieved and told me that a lot of
people were complaining that they didn't get the upgrade and others had.
And
some had even pulled their orders because the upgrade couldn't be
guaranteed.

Now I ask you, WHY? They never promised a upgrade, never even said there
was any units that had upgrades. The units were sold as working emates,
nothing more, nothing less.
Yet one person says "oh I got a upgraded unit" and then others expect it or
they pull the order? Come on! One should be grateful in getting one at
this price let alone GOOD LOOKING units! This is one of the reasons that
many people don't like to help others when they see problems like these. If
you got a upgraded unit, then as Victor says "you won the lottery", if not
then you got a good machine that still is very serviceable. And if you
really need the upgrade you can get one from PCBman. But it is still very
useable, you just need to watch your heap a little more via how many
packages you have unfroze (if you use a large flash card with it).

In short (and in my opinion) try to show a little consideration before
complaining about
something that was not promised (or even mentioned) in the first place.

-Dan