Re: [NTLK] (Wireless cards)

From: Rod (lavo_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu May 27 2004 - 18:45:37 PDT

On 28/5/04 9:34 AM, "bdball-newt1_at_mailblocks.com"
<bdball-newt1_at_mailblocks.com> wrote:

<snip>

> One other thing, I've searched through the information on wireless
> cards and the Newton but am still confused on what card I can use. Is
> there a good list somewhere that I am unaware of that shows what cards
> are compatible and how hard is it to find these cards?
>
> Thanks again!
>
> Brian in KC!

Cool to see ya posting Brian!

I use the Orinocco Silver card from Lucent. Works straight away with
Hiroshi's wireless driver, and I have had no problems connecting to my Apple
Base Station. There are probably a ton of these on ebay, as they are an
older 802.11b card. I'm sure others on the list have had great success with
other cards, but I highly recommend this one!

Seeya

Rod!