Re: [NTLK] Nitro an T39m connects to the Internet

From: noiseiskinky (grliot_at_tiscalinet.it)
Date: Fri May 28 2004 - 03:48:34 PDT

Hi all

> On May 28, 2004, at 1:03 AM, Christian Armbruster wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I can only tell you, whatI did.. :-) Install all the nitro packages.
>> Donīt forget to get the modified version of the NIE,which can be
>> downloaded from Eckharts page. Then you must enter all rhe data in the
>> Internetsetup Slip of your Newton. To dial you must enter a dial
>> command in the login script, which has to be the first command
>> (atdt1234567).
>> gs

Thanx but problem is not here: as I've written before I can connect
using my GPRS account and download web pages, RRS feeds or email works
without problems,

I can't SEND email using irDA (I've installed everything and 2 days ago
I've received a bluetooth card to test and everything works perfectly:
same internet settings, same login and logout scripts and same email
settings as for irda) and any email client: using telnet I've opened a
connection with smtp server and manually I've been able to send an
email then I've thought it was a Nitro problem, something due to the
way smtp server recognize end of message sequence and irda protocol
transmit or encapsulate this sequence of characters (or maybe my
cellphone confuse this on irda): anyway Eckhart has the same (and more
precise) idea about what can cause the problem as it has replied me in
another email but he don't know when he could try to resolve

thanx all
giovanni