[NTLK] [OT] Still looking for 3/16'' and 1/4'' BSW brass wing-/ring-nuts

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Fri May 28 2004 - 06:03:42 PDT

>I have some Whitworth taps.
>
>Regards,
>Winston
>www.inventure.ca

Hmh, too bad Winston's taps were only larger-sized BSW... Thanks for the
kind offer, though!
(Learned a new word that way: I'd only known taps that beer runs through,
but not that taps are also what you cut threads with in metal.)

So I'm still looking for DIN 315 wingnuts and DIN 582 ringnuts with 3/16''
and 1/4'' BSW (aka Whitworth) threads, made of brass (and preferably
nickel-coated). Can't find these on the continent -- probably UK hardware
or marine supplies store will have these. Any help in obtaining these
darlings or any pointers very much appreciated!

Cheers,

'Kasko