Re: [NTLK] DIY Printer Cable schematics for PC?

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Fri May 28 2004 - 06:44:12 PDT

Martin Joseph wrote:
> I recommend the personal laserwriter NTR. This has both the 8 pin DIN
> mac style serial hookup (supports localtalk), and a centronics
> parallel interface with windows drivers on the windows disks...
>
> It's old and should be kind of cheap.

"Me, too!" ;)

I've had an NTR for years and I love it. PostScript! Yeah! I got mine for
free from a friend, but it needed new rollers. Luckily many of the NTR parts
are interchangable with the HP LaserJet IIP, so I had an Apple Auth Service
Centre replace them for me for around $50. It's been happily trucking along
ever since.