Re: [NTLK] copying pkg's to newton

From: Michael J. Hußmann (michael_at_michael-hussmann.de)
Date: Sun May 30 2004 - 05:11:39 PDT

Edmund Blackadder (edmund_at_helmug.gr) wrote:

> Here is the problem i have. I want to transfer software between 2
> newtons. Do i just beam the app from "Unfiled"? Is there a way to
> store the pkg thing in my memory card so i can afterwards simply put
> the card into the second newt?.

Yes, you can -- with the filing button, as Robert suggested. However,
there's a catch: the package isn't copied, but moved to the card. If you
put the card into another Newton and move the package from the card to
internal memory (of the second Newton), it is no longer on the card, and
it isn't in the internal memory of the first Newton, either. There is
always exactly one package, whereas I suppose you want to store a _copy_
of your package on the second Newton. Beaming -- which, contrary to what
one would suspect from watching Star Trek, _does_ produce a copy -- is a
better solution in this case.

- Michael

Michael J. Hußmann

E-mail: michael_at_michael-hussmann.de