Re: [NTLK] hypernewt and action names - conflicts?

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Sun May 30 2004 - 12:35:15 PDT

On May 30, 2004, at 1:03 PM, Paul Vaughan wrote:

> As I already have HyperNewt installed, I thought I
> should check with the list if anyone has had problems
> with both apps installed.

Just don't link any HyperNewt documents via the Link feature in AN, and
then try to view those in the Contact History view. Things can get
pretty messy if you do. In fact, linking any non-AN items can cause
problems in the Contact History view, which basically ruins that
functionality. Unfortunately, while Iambic knew about this bug (I
informed this of this back when 4.0 was first released--I bought my
copy probably hours after it was released ;-) ), they never were able
to conquer it. I know they tried, but somehow, were never able to
reliably fix it. :-( So, you can use AN, just don't try linking HN
items to it.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland