Re: [NTLK] copying pkg's to newton

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Mon May 31 2004 - 10:37:52 PDT

>I'm one of the lucky masses that have gotten one of the rochester
>emates and I'm thinking ahead to when I get it and want to duplicate my
>MP2000's setup on it. First order of business will be to get the NIE
>extensions on there and the wavelan driver.

As Woody said, you can backup your MP2000 with NCU or NBU and then restore
it to the emate BUT don't restore the system soup, it could cause problems
with a different machine. I know the emate and a MP2000 use the same OS
(preaty much anyway) but I would still not restore the system soup. It is
asking for trouble in my book. Also one thing to keep in mind is if the
emate is not upgraded, then it only has 2 meg of storage space while the
MP2000 has 4. So you won't be able to restore everything if you don't have
the upgrade (which adds heep and storage).

-Dan