Re: [NTLK] Dell Crossword puzzle packs

From: Steve Weyer (saweyer_at_comcast.net)
Date: Mon May 31 2004 - 15:06:58 PDT

On May 31, 2004, at 5:02 PM, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net wrote:

> From: "Dan" <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
> Subject: [NTLK] Dell Crossword puzzle packs
> Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 15:30:43 -0400
>
> Hi all,
> I was wondering if anyone ever got any of the Dell Crossword Puzzle
> packs?
> I was going through my old manuals and it appears that Apple had
> downloadable expanson packs on their site at one point. And Dell had
> some
> expansion packs for sale as well. Did anyone get these or know what
> format
> Dell used to create the extensions? It would be nice to be able to
> add more
> puzzles to the word find or crossword/

I'd be curious if there are other crossword fans on the Newton. At
various times, I've considered porting my CrozzWord app to the Newton
(it's in Java and runs on Zaurus, PocketPC, Macintosh, Windows,
cellphones) but figured that if there weren't many potential users on
Newton, or that you're quite happy with XWord Buddy, that it wouldn't
be worth the conversion effort.

for more info about CrossWord and its features, see
http://communicrossings.com/
a major advantage is its ability to access 30,000+ public puzzles via
network connection.

reply here or to me directly

Steve
weyer_at_kagi.com