Re: [NTLK] Cleaning the screen with isopropyl alcohol is bad?

From: James Nichols (smilr_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Nov 01 2004 - 22:03:02 PST

Ahh - but pure water doesn't conduct electricity - and if the isopropyl
alcohol mixed with sufficiently distilled water doesn't conduct - and
nothing else was mixed in with the stuff (water will combine with
something in the air (co2?) to become slightly acidic and therefore
conductive if it is left out long enough however) then it shouldn't
have "shorted" anything.

So how new was the bottle of alcohol that he used? Was it clean or
dirty from dipping back in with cloths and q-tips and whatnot? I don't
know. I just doubt that it was the rubbing alcohol mixture that killed
it from shorting something out.

J Tyler Nichols