Re: [NTLK] A small discovery

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Tue Nov 02 2004 - 00:15:14 PST

On Oct 30, 2004, at 4:52 PM, Sonny Hung wrote:

> Yes, I was hoping someone else would chime in here. Seems that no one
> else recalled this feature. Please chime in someone...youmust have
> tried it when it first came out...with the telephone call letters...

(sorry for the delay... been busy...)

I guess I never thought about it, because I just assumed it would
happen! Maybe I read it in my first Newton manual (a 1.3 MP 120) that
the Newton recognized letters as well as numbers. It just seems natural
to me, not a hidden feature. In fact, now that you mention it, I think
Apple's number in the Newton when you bought it, had 1800- SOS-APPL in
the phone field... Does anybody remember _that_?

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland