Re: [NTLK] will backup but won't export... ATA problem?

From: Rhonda Hyslop (0x7ff00025_at_paradox.homeip.net)
Date: Tue Nov 02 2004 - 15:47:45 PST

* Rhonda Hyslop <0x7ff00025_at_paradox.homeip.net> [ 2 Nov 2004 13:26]:
> I hope it's not the ATA card or anything, because I like having all that
> extra space. I think I may try moving the notes to my old linear card
> and seeing if I can export them. That'll at least tell me if it's
> NCU/Dock/OSX or if it's the card...

Well, put my linear card in, moved the notes over, swapped the ATA card
for the ethernet card, and ... the notes exported just fine. There's
nothing wrong with Dock or NCU/Classic. But it wouldn't let me choose
which notes to export from the ATA card.

At this point the only thing I can think of is that it's something in
either the ATA card or the driver. I do have one that is considered
"abnormally slow" - would it taking a while to build the index of notes
for NCU cause the disconnect? Or could it be a bug?

-Rhonda

--
 www.write-on.indy || www.write-on.org   \/  http://history.ubcengineers.ca/
  Discuss the art and craft of writing   /\   UBC Engineers History Project