Re: [NTLK] Newton in the New York Times

From: Brian Pearce (bpearce_at_cloud9.net)
Date: Thu Nov 04 2004 - 06:21:53 PST

> Hm, if we accept lazy journalism aren't we a lazy public? And isn't a
> lazy/uninterested public the worst thing that can happen to a society?

I disagree that this is *always* attributable to "lazy journalism" --
sometimes, yes, but not in the case of this most recent article. I
think readers with no more than a passing interest in the product or
technology are going to have about as much interest in reading about
the incremental improvements in the MessagePad products as they would,
say, the Palm platform, or Windows.

BRIAN/bpearce_at_cloud9.net
<http://www.redjacketpress.com>