Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Newton Book of Knots

From: Rhonda Hyslop (0x7ff00025_at_paradox.homeip.net)
Date: Sat Nov 06 2004 - 10:29:48 PST

* Michael Blazer <m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca> [ 5 Nov 2004 14:21]:
> This is great! I flunked knots in Cub Scouts, and I've regretted it
> ever since. People laugh when I tie my shoelaces, and I'm having
> trouble teaching my 4-year-old how to do it. Even with my high-tech
> lifestyle, I find there's a surprising number of occasions when
> knowing the right knot would really help.

I hear you - although I didn't flunk knots in girl guides. Forgot most
of them, until I found my little reference paper, and found that I
actually still knew most of them. In an odd sort of way.

Knowing just the right knot has come in handy so many times, but I get
funny looks when I do one of the odder ones... until I'm finished and
they see what I've done and how suitable it is :-)

-Rhonda

--
 www.write-on.indy || www.write-on.org   \/  http://history.ubcengineers.ca/
  Discuss the art and craft of writing   /\   UBC Engineers History Project