Re: [NTLK] NCU vs. Card Backups

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_telebyte.nl)
Date: Sun Nov 07 2004 - 01:48:39 PST

On 7-nov-04, at 8:34, James Wages wrote:
> I recently read a post claiming that NCU is notorious for unreliable
> backups. This was the first I've heard about that, but it has me
> concerned. That comment was followed by a suggestion to make backups
> linear cards.

Just to make things clear, NCU seems to be unreliable for some never
for me after all of these years.
Don't know anything about Windows but on a Mac you have to 'obey' just
two rules:

- Make sure that NCU has enough memory allocated, you do this by
selecting the icon of the applications itself and choosing Command-I
(or in the menu File -> Get Info)
- Make a fresh backup every time, don't update the one you made before.

Robert Benschop