Re: [NTLK] Macsruscomputers

From: Andrew Craft (acraft_at_ivpress.com)
Date: Sun Nov 07 2004 - 13:46:33 PST

Hello all.

I also bought a "Like New" Newton 2100 ($144) from Macsruscompters . .
. which was NOT like new. I also got the excuse that they must have
sent the wrong one . . . I have photos of the Newton and a PDF of the
eBay listing if anyone is interested.

Unfortunately, they didn't actually have any "like new" Newton's to
replace mine with. They did refund some of my purchase price and
provide me with a better looking Newton than the one I received
(although it was only in fair/good condition). They also gave me some
extras (4mb Flash Card, modem, etc) for the inconvenience, which was
nice.

I met them (they live in my home town) and they ARE very nice people.
But I would not expect the descriptions of the items they sell to be
accurate. After all, they are still selling "Like New" Newton's that
are clearly not in like new condition.

Buyer beware, I suppose.

Andrew