Re: [NTLK] Wireless Help...

From: Clinton Crawford (crackerscat_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Nov 08 2004 - 19:35:42 PST

Hey huck!

I've found that bronze cards don't tend to play nicely
with 802.11g base stations, for bizarre reasons. you
may want to try selling your bronze and purchasing a
silver or a gold, since they allow WEP (in my
experiences, I believe that the silver only handles 40
bit wheras the gold handles the 128bit as well)

I had issues with an Orinoco bronze card running on my
D-Link 802.11g base station. you may want to try
turning off the AirPort on your TiBook and any other
computers with wireless connectivity, and try connect
to a naked base station (ie, WEPless, and no security
at all)

LMK how it goes

Clinton Crawford
crackerscat_at_yahoo.com