Re: [NTLK] Names App 'Missing'

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Mon Nov 08 2004 - 22:13:11 PST

On Nov 9, 2004, at 12:58 AM, Robert Benschop wrote:

> There's a small utility aptly called Names cleaner (I believe).
> Should be on Unna and it might help. Otherwise just wipe it's brain ;-)

If it's only a corrupt names file, and Names Cleaner can't fix it, I
would first try going to the Storage directory, and deleting the Names
soup from there
(tap on the Names storage icon, and then, in the window that pops up,
tap on "delete" It will leave the soup, but the soup will now be empty)
Once the soup is deleted, see if the Names app will open. If it does,
then you know it was a corrupt entry or maybe (and more likely) more
than one. Of course, this doesn't discuss what made them corrupt, but
at this point, try re-importing your names from your desktop, and see
what happens. It may be that your corrupt entries are on the computer
corrupt, or the software did something flakey...

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland