Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Headphone and Microphone Jack Upgrades for …

From: Jeffrey McMurtrie (jeffrey.mcmurtrie_at_rogers.com)
Date: Tue Nov 09 2004 - 05:15:23 PST

Glen,

Right now the SER-001 not compatible=A0with the headphone and microphone=20=

jack upgrade for the reason of bulge. =A0 The space the modem blank=20
covers is free, so it'd be possible to do something like Daniel=20
Padilla's dongle killer=20
(http://dev.newtontalk.net/~dpadilla/minidin.htm).=A0 One actual=20
advantage to this is that I believe=A0you can print to Stylewriter=20
printers, whereas the SER-001 to my knowledge cannot.=A0 About the=20
wireless phone card, I don't belive you will be given the ability to=20
record both sides of your conversation, but I could be mistaken. I'd=20
really have to see it to understand what you're asking.=A0=20
Basically=A0though, we intercept the speaker/microphone lines inside the=20=

Newton with an audio jack.=A0 If a jack is plugged in, the recording is=20=

recorded through the external microphone or headphones as appropriate.=A0=20=

As a side note, incase anyone is interested, the upgrade is not stereo,=20=

the Newton does not provide stereo.=A0 But, rather than sending the mono=20=

sound to one ear, we send it to both.=A0 I hope I've answered your=20
questions, but if you have any more feel free to ask.

Jeffrey McMurtrie
CEO, HandMedia

Web: www.hand-media.com