Re: [NTLK] Macsruscomputers again

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Tue Nov 09 2004 - 11:24:41 PST

On Nov 8, 2004, at 4:11 PM, Tom Stock wrote:

> I've taken pictures of my "like new" newton:
>
> http://retroboxes.myvnc.com/likenew/
>
> Still waiting to find out what the outcome will be.. I may be willing
> live with the condition if they send me the parts to fix it up a bit...
> maybe a new cover and the missing cover latch. The screen is bright and
> digitizer functioning fine so that's a plus.

I would report this to the Attorney General of whatever state they are
doing business in.

This is FRAUD. When you are in business and describe something as
"like new" that means it had better be.

The unit in your pictures is no where near like new. Anyone that would
sell such a unit as "like new" obviously has a problem with the truth,
and should not be relied upon to make good. This isn't a mistake it's
a lie.

This is sad, as it seems this person has some interest in Newton.

That's all we need is ANOTHER Newton seller with bad judgment and poor
business ethics. Are we sure this isn't another arm of
"knowledgenavigator" industries?

Marty