[NTLK] Just got back from UK NUG!

From: Russ Bravo (russbravo_at_lineone.net)
Date: Fri Nov 12 2004 - 14:36:52 PST

Thought you'd all like to know that the first official UK NUG for several
years took place this evening (Friday) in London, kindly hosted by Worldwide
Newton Association board member Ronnie Simon.

It was good to meet Ronnie again, and also put faces to names including Joel
Sciamma - who kindly fitted a SER-001 to my upgraded MP2000 and had a stack
of goodies to sell at very reasonable prices - Keith from MacUser magazine,
Peter Wong who is working on the Frozen Newton project and had two splendid
Newton caps to hand over, WNA Paris convention visitors Chris and Alec, keen
eMate user Mark and Tim, a veteran 2100 user of just two weeks.

We talked software, hardware and wi-fi, and admired the design and feel of
my Sharp Expert Pad, which I'll hopefully get working again shortly.

I had to leave early to get the train, so I'm sure the others will chip in
with further stuff from the meet. Let's hope UK users get to gather again
before too long, and have a few more new users along.

Keep the Green!

Russ

PS I still have plenty of 20MB cards available and don't forget: if you join
WNA, you get one FREE! I've also got a few spare 2100s, 120s, adapters and
other stuff. Mail me with details of anything you need - I may have it! :)