[NTLK] pardon my ignorance 2100 to WinXP with no serial dongle

From: Sacha Zemp (sacha_at_my-home.li)
Date: Fri Nov 12 2004 - 23:27:01 PST

Hello Paul

On Windows you need NCU. Unless you have Ethernet drivers already installed,
but you fail to mention that so I suppose not.
Best and easiest solution: Buy a cable.

Available from http://www.jksalesinc.com/catalog/ for less than 20 bucks.
Irda does work fine for me when sending from the newton. Sending from the
computer needs a tool called irftp.exe
You find this little tool in your system folder, but doubleclicking will not
start it. It actually starts when it detects an IRDA connection (do not
forget to set the IRDA Adapter on the notebookside to slow, max. 115200).
Unfortunatly by the time it is showing on the screen, and you actually are
ready to use it, the newton has already disconnected.
I was never fast enough to actually send something from XP.

Or you can use email and send text-files as attachements. If you want to use
NCU, then as mentioned before a cable is your best option.

I will try to connect via Bluetooth as soon my card arrives...

Best of luck. I'm a Newton newbie myself, so others on the list might help
you more.

Greetings from Switzerland
Sacha

P.S. I just won a 'Ferdie Auction' will let you know how things are working
out.