Re: [NTLK] other newton sellers

From: David Neale (david.neale_at_pandora.be)
Date: Sat Nov 13 2004 - 13:12:07 PST

You never know if Customs charges will be made -- it's up to the
Customs themselves to decide on which packages to check and charge.
I've had stuff delivered with no charge and other things with charges
made. There is no logic to the decision, apparently. If an invoice or
at least a pro-forma invoice is not included (preferably on the outside
of the package), the customs can choose to ask for a proof of purchase
invoice and charge according to that, or can estimate the value and
base the charges on that. Some companies use specific importing
officers (don't know what they're called in English), so with these you
have more chance of getting charged.

Basically, it's a gamble.