Re: [NTLK] Risky Business

From: Steele Campbell (the.vampire_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 15 2004 - 10:06:07 PST

Now Peter,

I would agree with what you said, but at the same time I feel that we
aren't looking at this from every angle.

I am not a "professional" eBayer, and in fact I buy more than I sell
(more than I should) but I also do a nice business in rare electronics
on bulletin boards and mailing lists. I have shipped within Canada,
within the US, Europe, Russia, Poland, China, Japan, Korea, Australia,
Germany, UK and even as far as Nigeria (and I wasn't scammed - go
figure). When I am shipping stuff I will generally pay the shipping
within Canada, if outside then I will give the discount equivilant.

Now I do have other work and schooling to attend yet I can go out of
my way (quite regularly) to go to the Post Office and fill out all the
forms. It takes no more than a few minutes and I by no means consider
this an "extra" mile. I am a businessman and therefore I have to be
willing to please my customers. Over the hundreds of transactions, I
have NEVER, EVER, NOT EVEN ONCE been scammed. All it takes is common
sense and some proper communication.

But at the same time, I can understand why they might apply those
rules and they have every right, however if you want business --
consider your customers.

-St.