[NTLK] Connecting an MP 2100 to PowerMac 6100 via ethernet LAN ???

From: MKow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Thu Nov 18 2004 - 12:15:38 PST

Hello knowledgable Newtonians:
I recently received an RJ 45-to-ethernet adapter from a fellow Newtonian.
However, I am having trouble with the interconnection procedure. I am using a
Farallon ethernet PCMCIA card with an MP 2100. I went into the PowerMac's
control panel and enabled AppleTalk. When I try to dock, the attempted connection
times out. By the way, I do already have Newton Connection Utilities
installed on the PowerMac, and I am running OS 7.6.1 on this archaic museum piece.

Two more Mac questions:
1) I burned some rock music onto a CD on my desktop PC, but my PowerMac
failed to even recognize the CD! Is there a way to make this prehistoric critter
recognize and play .MP3 files?

2) My PowerMac appears to have a video card installed in it. Where would I
begin to search for an adaptor to feed a video signal into this thing? Am I
going to blow the thing up?

Regards,

Matt K.