[NTLK] Newton Newbie

From: Tony Goh (hitonygoh_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Nov 22 2004 - 14:36:35 PST

Hello all.

I recently purchased an MP2x00k.

It comes with the Lucent Wavelan wireless ethernet card.

I cannot get out to the internet (using Newtscape) or send email (via Simplemail).

I have set up the owners information per the instructions with POP and SMTP setting per my SBC Ameritech account instructions.

pop.ameritech.yahoo.com
smtp.ameritech.yahoo.com
Configured to DHCP.

I am running a Windows 98 machine. SBC Yahoo DSL (using the Enternet 300 connection software) and US Robotics Wireless Router.

The Wavelan card is recognized by the Newton. The lights flash when I try to open up a webpage but nothing happens.

Sending a note via Simple Mail does not work. No lights flash on the card. I do not even get the mail envelope. It did at one stage show the mail envelope and I attempted to send, but the lights on the card flashed once each (there are two lights) and then nothing. I took the card out, reloaded the drivers, I think -must have since it the card is listed (right?) - and since then not even the mail envelope appears anymore.

Altogether a very diappointing start to my experices, atlhought my buying experiences from the previous owner have been good.

I am not a techie or developer. So please write slowly so I can understand you.

So, can anyone please help me?

Tony