[NTLK] re missing wireless drivers & the "free market"

From: Paul Jerry (pajerry_at_memlane.com)
Date: Sun Nov 28 2004 - 20:32:42 PST

General question, given the clear statement on the wireless driver
author's site about non-redistribution & how diligently I have seen
various eBay sellers follow it, and the recent 'loss' of that site:

I'm not wireless yet with my 2100 but will likely want to be at some
point and so I have been pondering this question - not at all meant to
offend, but more as an observation:

Why is this set of drivers the only ones out there? Unless this is an
issue of a collaborative/co-operative community informally dividing
tasks and not duplicating work (which I am all for BTW), is there some
reason why someone else hasn't picked up the task of generating other
wireless driver packages, creating options and diversity (and maybe a
little competition)?

Paul