Re: [NTLK] ROAMING NEWTON?

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_comcast.net)
Date: Mon Nov 29 2004 - 02:51:26 PST

On Saturday, November 27, 2004, at 07:58 PM, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net
wrote:

> From: Martin Joseph <martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com>
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] ROAMING NEWTON?
> Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 09:34:51 -0800
>

> On Nov 23, 2004, at 9:53 PM, Erik Lindgren wrote:
>> <snip>how can i hop networks and not have to punch in the names
>>
> Unfortunately the Wifi driver doesn't actually lookup these SSIDs or
> network names... So there is no automatic way to to do this.
>
> Using worksites is your best bet. This will still require you to switch
> manually, but you won't need to re-enter the names.
>
> Marty

That's why this is now on my Xmas list, just the thing for roaming
Newtons (or laptops) with 802.11b: the Canary Wireless Digital
Hotspotter (HS10).

About $50 and displays channel, SSID, encryption. Essential for the
Newton, useful for laptops (keeps you from firing them up to see what's
around).

<http://www.handtops.com/show/news/68>

Brian

--
WARNING! Acme constructs each Klein Bottle from genuine Baryonic
matter. Do