[NTLK] Card recognition problem - DWL-650

From: Brian Fowler (bdf1_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Nov 29 2004 - 08:39:38 PST

I bought a D-Link DWL-650 wireless card so I wasn't attached to a cord
for networking in the house.

I installed the drivers for NIE 2.0 just like for my WaveLan card (it
works fine) but when I plug the card in, it flashes the Act light for a
second, and then an error message pops up saying"There is a problem
with this card.(Newton cannot recognize this type of card.)"

Resetting the newton was no help, I'm using the same drivers as for the
wavelan card, and I think it's something simple, or some package I
missed.

All suggestions are appreciated..

Thanks,
Brian