[NTLK] suddenly unreadable flash card

From: Nate Goore (ngoore_at_pacbell.net)
Date: Tue Nov 30 2004 - 22:56:30 PST

I had a strange occurrence happen today. I was backing up to a card
with mobile backup, same procedure I've been using for 7 years, from
the same 16 MB linear flash card I've been using for seven years.
Constant beeping , then an error code (9). I reset, and after the
reset the card was unreadable (the 'this card appears to be new' screen
appears).

Are there any utilities available to check for corrupted soups on a
card that the Newton can't recognize? I've begun the arduous process
of setting up a new card, but would make the effort to get the old one
back in shape if it's at all possible.

Thanks for the help,

Nate