Re: [NTLK] What's a good (free) app for using multiple apps at once?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sat Oct 02 2004 - 14:10:53 PDT

on 02/10/04 12:05, MKow1234_at_aol.com at MKow1234_at_aol.com wrote:

> Hello Everybody,
> My girlfriend is searching for a means of accessing the calculator program
> while she is writing in NotePad or Works. Essentially, she needs some kind of
> hot button that will allow her to pull up a calculator, without first closing
> the NotePad/Works app. I should mention she is using an MP 2x00 Newton.
>
> I'm thinking that perhaps Dashboard is what she is looking for. However, I'm
> sure there are other simple apps which allow one to quickly access another
> program without closing the first program. We would appreciate recommendations
> from the list members.Thanks in advance. :O)

I'm using "AppMan" from Standalone. It puts a little button in a
customizable corner location that pops up when you tap it. There are 2 or 3
default applications listed plus any other application that you might have
opened.

-Laurent.

careware /keir'weir/ n.: A variety of shareware for which either the author
suggests that some payment be made to a nominated charity or a levy directed
to charity is included on top of the distribution charge. Syn. charityware;
compare crippleware, sense 2.