Re: [NTLK] Serial Communication Speed Boosters

From: James Wages (james_at_kiramek.com)
Date: Wed Oct 06 2004 - 17:15:00 PDT

On 10/6/04 8:53 PM, Andy Galluzzi <agalluzzi_at_gmx.net> wrote:
> 115kbps doesn't seems to be handled correctly by NCU on Windows.

I see. Well, I was referring more to the Macintosh. There is something
called serial speed 230 that works on Quadras and PPC machines, as shown
here:

www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/95

On 10/7/04 2:55 AM, Victor Rehorst <victor_at_newtontalk.net> wrote:
> That is actually the reason: NCU only reads 5 characters
> for the serial speed out of the registry.

Yes, but considering there is a "patch" for NCU to get it to communicate at
56k, would it not seem feasible that such a patch would allow NCU to read
more than 5 chars in the serial speed, thus enabling 115k/230k?

--James Wages