Re: [NTLK] Sweet Jesus! My Newton Found Its Way Home!

From: Roman Pixell (roman_at_pixell.net)
Date: Thu Oct 07 2004 - 01:17:37 PDT

On Oct 7, 2004, at 4:46 AM, NewtonMP - Paul Curtis wrote:

> karma
> has just restored my faith in it, again!

wonderful story!

last month, i lost me newt at apple expo paris, or rather at the
keynote. there were some 9000 people there, but just 15 mins after i
found out that i had lost it, somebody called at my cellphone: is this
your newton? in less than an hour, i had the newton back...

a good thing to do is to make sure that the owner info always has the
current telephone number, also (robert benschop showed me) you can use
the extension line for writing something like "call for reward". the
country code needs to be entered as well, dont forget to check what it
looks like.

actually, people are more honest than you think, at least give them a
chance to be – always use password protection and make surer that the
owner info at the splash screen is updated! in my case, the leathter
holster had a business card with my details as well...

/ ®