[NTLK] Newt as a Wireless Print Server - Can it be done?

From: Haywood Floyd (haywoodfloyd_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Oct 07 2004 - 21:57:47 PDT

Fellow Green (& retrofit) Backlighters,

I' like to Print to a Personal LaserWriter 300 via a
WiFi link from one Newton (or Mac) to another Newton
(both MP2.1ks).

The set up is basically one Newton is connected to the
LW300 via serial (Dongle or SR-001 - Thanks David).
The same printer connected Newt has an 802.11b card
and it serves web pages to my intranet via NPDS
(Thanks Paul and super friends - Newton Personal Data
Sharing). So far the NPDS part works AOK.

Is there any way to make a Newt entry, like for
example Note document and then rout it to a connected
printer? Even another printer that does AppleTalk
(LW300 doesn't) via EtherTalk or Local Talk.

Paul G, would this be hard to do via a NPDS mod?

Thanks,