Re: [NTLK] New Newton possibility (not a whine or hoax)

From: Jonas (jonas184_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 12 2004 - 18:30:46 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Wages" <james_at_kiramek.com>
To: <newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net>
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2004 5:40 PM
Subject: Re: [NTLK] New Newton possibility (not a whine or hoax)

Blah blah blah *snip*

> My advice is that you create a mock-up of your product idea and present
that
> to the people at http://newted.dyndns.org/. If it passes their litmus
test,
> they will likely take your product before the global Newton community and
> give you the necessary startup PR to get the business rolling.
>
> But I warn you... If your idea ends up being vaporware, there will be
> gentlemen in Italian suits arriving at your door to "admonish" you.

I am currently attempting to get the funds needed to assemble the prototype.
Should I manage this, I will be more then happy to allow it to be poked and
prodded as needed.
At this point about all that can stop me is lack of funds. Unfortunately
this has been the downfall of all my previous projects...

As for production, I imagine a full scale setup would be unimaginably costly
and time consuming.
To begin with I plan to approach a local company that is already set up
designing and building similar machines.
If dreams can come true then the Newton 2900 shall be built, one way or the
other.
At the very least there will likely be a very interesting prototype showing
up on ebay, similar to the bunn warmer...

I make no plans of failing or running away with investor's money. However,
few people dream of failure...
With that in mind, most of the money to be potentially lost will likely be
my own at first.
I cant expect to be handed my dreams on a plate.
Sitting around doing nothing but moan about the possibility of losing out
wont get a Newton built.