Re: [NTLK] T39 or T68i connection With MP2100

From: bb+graffiti.spam.newton_at_andrew.cmu.edu
Date: Wed Oct 13 2004 - 11:51:11 PDT

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, Martin Joseph wrote:
> The t68i has some PPP issues with Blunt that make it somewhat
> unreliable for GPRS connectivity.
>
> I don't know about the T39... I think that phone is much simpler but
> has bad battery life?

The T39 is one of my favorite phones. It's very small and light. It's
tri-band, with bluetooth, IrDA, serial and USB. If you use the small
battery, you get ~150h with bluetooth off, or around 50h with bluetooth
on. The phone continuously monitors battery usage and gives you a highly
accurate estimate of the standby and talk time remaining.

If you use the big battery, you get between 8 and 16 hours of talk time,
and 10 to 30 _days_ of standby. It also has very good RF performance; the
T68i was heavily criticized for poor RF performance.

If you want a phone, and just a _phone_, I believe the T39m is probably
the best out there.

gopi.