Re: [NTLK] Messagepad 2000 internal battery dead ?

From: Woody Smith (woodysmith_at_comcast.net)
Date: Wed Oct 13 2004 - 23:38:51 PDT

If the newt recognizes the battery pack as rechargeable while extras is
open then you can assume that the contacts are clean, if not clean all
corrosion, oil etc from the four contacts on the pack and reinsert.
you may get a very long 'waiting' message followed by the charge bar
moving or it may say 'fault'. I have had some success with chilling
the pack, maybe 20 min. Then attempt to charge.
see<http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=newtontalk&m=103738467424040&w=2
Woody