Re: [NTLK] GPS Display - CreaTEC

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Thu Oct 14 2004 - 00:44:36 PDT

>Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 09:24:39 -0400
>From: Victor Rehorst <victor_at_newtontalk.net>
>Subject: Re: [NTLK] GPS Display - CreaTEC
>
>Robert Masters wrote:
> > Hi Folks,
> >
> > Has anyone seen this in the wild?
> >
> > http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/dominique/gps.htm
> >
> > It is/was apparently a GPS toolkit...
>
>No, but I was desparately trying to find it last month, just to have a simple
>GPS program to show the location information. I ended up digging up a
>copy of
>GPS Monitor, by the same folks who wrote GPSMap. I'll have to get it on
>UNNA.

Maybe Daniel Padilla could try to get in touch with the CreaTEC-folks to
see if they would perhaps liberate their product or code...

There's also been a great Waba-course at IBM for hacking together a
GPS-application like that. Find the links here
http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/DevelopingWabaApplications .