Re: [NTLK] top slot not responding?

From: Bernie Goltermann (bagoltermann_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Oct 14 2004 - 10:31:02 PDT

I posted a similar reply about trying to remove
power for extended period. In an unrelated post I saw
this:
" From: "Johannes Wolf" <mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int>
Subject: Re: [NTLK] Messagepad 2000 internal battery
dead ?
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 10:07:34 +0200
the MP2x00 does not have an internal backup battery,
but a supercap. The supercap is expected to hold
sufficient charge to power the RTC for 5-8 hours."

Given this info about the supercap is correct, it
explains the experience I had with removing power from
my Newt for 10 hours or so during a MB swap and then
finding the top slot working again...

Try giving your Newt a long rest ;-)

Regards,
Bernie