Re: [NTLK] Blue sparkly 2100 on eBay ...

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Oct 14 2004 - 18:42:24 PDT

The text on this auction is very deceiving...he
mentions the Frozen Newt, and is suggesting that he
has made the molds and created this case with a
colored resin/plastic...yet in the first picture that
shows the silkscreened logo, the paint is obviously
scratched off in the lower right hand edge.
He also says that the Newt has WiFi and 802.11
capabilities...(802.11 what? A? B? G? I?) Did he
purchase Hiroshi's driver and is including it with
this Newt? He also says that the newt can read compact
flash cards...again, did he purchase the drivers and
is including it with this auction?
It's the statement "All of this built right into the
operating system" that I find very misleading...
Hmmm...the sheer LACK of information makes this a
shady deal at best!
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Russ Bravo <russbravo_at_lineone.net> wrote:

> Those of you who remember the "Frozen Newton"
> project might be
> interested in this ...
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
> ViewItem&item=5725846802&fromMakeTrack=true
>
> Then again, you might not. Especially at $1,299 BIN!
> ROFL
>
> Russ, UK
>
> PS Don't forget - Frank Gruendel and myself have
> 20MB cards at a
> special price for NTLK users. We'll post a reminder
> of the details
> shortly. In the meantime, those of you who have
> ordered from me - cards
> will be going in the mail today and tomorrow.

=====
"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the decision."
 - Benjamin Franklin