Re: [NTLK] First post - display upgrade?

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 15 2004 - 05:30:02 PDT

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 13:17:57 +0200, Robert Benschop
<rbenschop_at_telebyte.nl> wrote:
> Maybe it would help if you said where you're located so that you could
> meet up with another newton user to compare the backlights...

If you look as an example the WWNC photo on TOW's site you will see a
variety of brightness in backlighting. I have several and when having
a free time I have lit up a few all at once and Yes they vary a bit.

For me they are very easy to exchange in/out. Also you have to
consider if your Newt was ever dropped. When opening some pieces may
fall out that actually broke off before that are parts that secure,
hold down or support something.

Though I have a few backlights now - the brightest one is spoken for
already(Ronnie asked when I offered some MP2x00 earlier) - in regards
to backlight brightness I believe it was discussed before and in the
specs they lose a majority of their brightness within the first uses.

If you have any questions or such you can contact me off-list for help
on installation or I can do it for a very reasonable fee. I'm located
in NY/USA.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung