Re: [NTLK] [OT] NYT carrier OQO review by David Pogue

From: LAG (lagoff11_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Oct 15 2004 - 13:31:41 PDT

I DO so wish that you macaddicts would give things a chance based on things other than the os. it would be a shame that you wont get a new and improved newton on another piece of hardware if it has a windows based os on it. see i am under the impression that if there is a way for my newton to be brought to new life on another piece of hardware then i would be more than willing to try it. now me being a windows user doesnt mean that i wont try it because its on a mac piece of hardware, if that was the case i wouldnt have a newton now. but you mac guys are determined to put an idea down based on simply the os not on whther it just might be the thing that does the job. short battery life, yes i have a problem with that. but everything else this oqo has to offer i am willing to give it a chance. it has usb? yes its faster than my current newton? yes it has more space internally and i wont have to buy more space for it very soon? yes these things are what will make me say
 yes give
 me one. not the os because bottom line i wont be using the os that is already installed on it.

my 2 pennies on the floor,

LAG

Martin Joseph <martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com> wrote:

On Oct 15, 2004, at 6:08 AM, Roman Pixell wrote:

> its a modular computer that doesnt make compromises.

I disagree completely, I think it makes too many compromises. Crappy
battery life and Microsoft windows are two that clearly make this a
waste of time and space AFAIK.