[NTLK] Stinkin' eMate

From: Ray Kloss (raykloss_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Oct 17 2004 - 08:11:36 PDT

Back from a Newton hiatus.

Last night I recharged my daughter's eMate with my Newton Recharger.
This morning the eMate is dead, smells burnt by the recharger area.
Will not restart even with the charger plugged into it. The charger
does not smell. I tried the charger on my Newton and it indicated that
it was recharging OK.

So, new batteries? Is there a problem with the motherboard (I haven't
taken it apart that far yet).

Thanks for any help in advance.

Ray

By the way, if it is the batteries, is there a best place to get the
batteries or parts? I have been off list for a while, so if there is
anyone reputable (and with a fair price) that is reselling remade
battery packs that would be great. Not sure if that is the problem,
though. Does the unit require the batteries to be working if plugged
in?

Rambling again.