Re: [NTLK] "Recelled" MP2x00 batteries?

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sun Oct 17 2004 - 11:03:04 PDT

On Oct 17, 2004, at 6:04 AM, Blake Patterson wrote:

> What do you guys (and gals) think of some of these
> eBay auctions for MP2x00 batteries that have been
> "recelled" with "brand new" 2300mah batteries (vs.
> original 1200mah battery from Apple)? They're going
> around $100 and talk of 45 or so hours of use per
> charge, able to be charged like regular battery, in
> the Newton, etc.
>
> Good option or somehow bad?

Two things:

1) When you want to start a new thread, don't use "reply to" from
another thread, as this confuses the thread with your new subject...

2) Recelled batteries are great as long as they were built carefully
and aren't over sized (ie they fit into the Newton properly). Most of
the ones I have done are UGLY, but they work fantastically and are
better then the original battery when new. Just be careful who you buy
from...

> I see blue MessagePad guy 'knowledgenavigator' is
> selling a number of them.

I recommend avoiding him, but some people on the list have had good
experiences with him too, your call.

marty